Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hey everyone!

So, the very first student entry. This'll be a short one, as I don't really have much I can say other than wow. and sigh. and ouch. and zzzzz ( or what a lack thereof).

I did, however, want to let you know about a blog entry by a visual blogger Christoph Niemann who is German (incidentally, and lives in Berlin) and whose work I think is super fun. He runs a blog on the nytimes site called abstract city, and one of his entires (the link takes you there) is titled The Boys and the Subway and one we would definitely closely relate to after our first few days here.

I had an interesting discussion on the subway home today about what it was we felt we individual students were "getting" out of this experience. Reflecting on that now, I feel as though I spoke too quickly. I can relate what I had in mind when I applied, but it will take a while to really realize where the worth of this trip lies heaviest for me (other than the obvious ones of meeting you all and seeing the city for the first time period).

No comments:

Post a Comment